Lower School Application Process
- Parents of applicants to Kindergarten - Grade 4 tour the school in small groups.
- Kindergarten applicants are invited to participate in a work/play session which
includes other applicants and members of the faculty. Parents of kindergarten
applicants are scheduled for an admission interview.
- For Grades 1- 4, appointments are scheduled for an applicant only when there
is an opportunity for enrollment in the grade.
- Request admissions information by inquiring online through the school
website. If you do not contact us through our website, information is available
by calling the Admissions Office.
- Call the Admissions Office to schedule a parent tour (offered September – January).
- Submit application and $75 fee to Collegiate School (by December 1).
The application fee may be waived for families applying for financial aid.
Retain a copy of the application for your files.
- No standardized testing is required for Kindergarten or Grade 1.
- To be considered for Grades 2-4, schedule the applicant to take the ERB test (ECAA)
and arrange for results to be sent to Collegiate School. To register and for additional
information, please visit erblearn.org.
- To be considered for Kindergarten or Grade 1, please request the ISAAGNY report to
be completed by the current school and submitted to the Admissions Office
- For applicants to Gredes 2-4, request official transcript from current school.
The Transcript Request form is provided online.
- The Admissions Office will acknowledge receipt of your application.
- The Admissions Office will call to schedule an applicant visit and parent interview
after the application is received and filed. Applicants to Grades 1-4 may contact the
Admissions Office regarding opportunities for enrollment. Appointments are scheduled
only when there is an opportunity for enrollment in the grade.
- If applying for financial aid –
- File the Parents’ Financial Statement (PFS) with the School and Student
Services By NAIS (sssbynais.org/parents).
- Request that a copy of the report be sent to Collegiate School.
Collegiate SSS code: 2488
- In addition to the PFS, submit your family's most recently filed federal tax return
and supplementary documents to Collegiate School, no later than January 15.
Collegiate SSS code: 2488
Please note: All information concerning the applicant should be received in the Admissions
Office no later than January 8. Return required forms by e-mail to SubmitInfo@collegiateschool.org
or by mail. In e-mail correspondence, please include in the subject line the applicant's
and first and last names
To contact the Admissions Office:
Collegiate School, 260 West 78th Street, New York, NY 10024-6516.